ICGEB’s Mission is to harness the power of Science and new Biotechnologies to enhance the quality of peoples’ lives everywhere worldwide. There is so much more to our Mission than our award-winning, cutting-edge research: we aim to change lives using Science for Development.
Make an Individual Donation Now
Online donations by credit card or Paypal (coming soon)
Donations via bank transfer
ICGEB – External Fund
Account no. : 30005568
IBAN: IT 59 K 02008 02230 000030005568 – SWIFT: UNCRITM10PA
Please, always include “donation” and your email in the purpose of payment.
How do we change lives using Science for Development?
- Supporting the training of young scientists from our Member countries through PhD and Postdoctoral Fellowships;
- Supporting increasing diversity and equality in science for women and other underrepresented groups;
- Supporting the best science in the Global South to increase local research capacity and innovation adapted to local needs;
- Supporting research and innovation collaborations, especially South-South, in our Member countries;
- Reversing brain-drain, by supporting young scientists to set up their own research programmes in their home countries;
- Bringing together scientists and policymakers from diverse backgrounds together at our Meetings and Courses;
- Spreading the word through our Outreach programmes to schools and to a broader audience that Science is cool, Science is fun, Science takes us forward.
How can you help?
What will your donation do?
- Foldscopes for schools in Tanzania or Foldscopes plus training in their use for diagnosing malaria in Malawi
- help a young student from Nepal to present her ground-breaking research at an international conference in Italy
- help support a young woman scientist from Algeria to retrain after taking a career break to raise a child
- help support a young scientist from Vietnam spend a month at a lab in India to learn a new skill
- help support a young scientist from Tanzania spend a 3-month training period at a lab in China to develop his research
- provide support for 1 year for a group researching cattle diseases in Bangladesh
Where have our previous donations gone? (coming soon)
ICGEB’s CRP Grants and Meetings & Courses Programmes are some of the most competitive in the world, and we wish we could fund more of the innovative and exciting projects that are sent to us each year: with your help, we can expand our programme to help some of the brightest people on the planet get the chance they deserve to develop their ideas and support the Health, Food Security and Renewable Energy resources of their countries and the world.
5 per mille (for taxpayers in Italy)
Did you know you can allocate 5/1000 (“5 per mille”) of your tax returns to the ICGEB?
To donate your “5 per mille” to the ICGEB and help us support young researchers and their study of infectious diseases, oncology, genetic, cardiovascular and neurodegenerative diseases, sign in the appropriate space: “Funding for Scientific Research and University” on your income tax return and indicate our tax number: 90031700322