ICGEB offers Short-term fellowships for Postdoctoral studies in ICGEB Component laboratories to fund ongoing collaborative research between scientists from ICGEB Member States and research groups at ICGEB laboratories in Trieste, Italy, New Delhi, India and Cape Town, South Africa, with the aim of facilitating access to the latest research techniques and to strengthen capacity building.
Closing Dates for Applications: 31 March, 30 June, 30 September, 31 December
Guidelines for Application
|To Apply||Applicants should contact the ICGEB Group Leader/PI of their choice with a motivation letter, to determine availability of laboratory space and to define the research project proposal that will form an integral part of the application.|
|Eligibility||Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State and may not apply for fellowships to be undertaken in their country of origin, unless working abroad at the time of application.|
Degree requirements: applicants should hold a recent PhD in Life Sciences or have at least 3 years research experience.
Candidates must have a good working knowledge of the English language, supported by a proficiency certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate, or equivalent). Not required when scholastic education has been undertaken in English.
|Financial support||Duration: 1-6 months|
Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 2,000, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,590, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 18,750.
Travel: the fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the participant’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the programme.
|Submission||Please complete this application on line.|
|Selection||The ICGEB Fellowships Selection Committee will evaluate complete applications received by the closing date. The candidates will be notified of the outcome by e-mail as soon as possible following the closing date for applications. The main criteria for selection include the scientific excellence of the project, the qualities of the candidate’s CV and the potential benefit for the home country.|
Indicate your ICGEB Research Group of choice (see below)
Please indicate duration of Fellowship (1-6 months, max.)
Fellowship starting date
- Curriculum Vitae and list of publications
- Proposed research project and timetable (max. 3 pages, plus up to 2 pages of bibliographical references and figures)
- Written statement from the ICGEB Group Leader/Principal Investigator you have contacted and who is willing to support the project and provide laboratory space, explaining the motivation for the support of your candidature.
- English language proficiency certificate (such as TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate or equivalent); not required when scholastic education has been undertaken in English
- Photocopy of the applicant’s passport
- Name and contact details of two (2) people who can provide a letter of reference on your behalf. At least one of these should be a member of the University or College you attended most recently. Please request referees to send their letters by email to email@example.com by the application closing date. The subject of the e-mail should be: “The Arturo Falaschi ICGEB Short-term Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme”, followed by your name.
Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for indicating where you received the information regarding ICGEB Fellowships
Once you have completed and submitted your application, you will see a confirmation message on this screen. Should this message not be visible, PLEASE NOTE that your application has not been submitted.
Check the mandatory fields to ensure information has been correctly inserted. Upon receipt of your application, and verification that all the requested documents have been provided, you will receive an e-mail confirmation from the ICGEB Fellowships Office at . Please allow 10 days for the notification as the verification of documents takes some time.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Incomplete applications will not be considered/processed
Thank you for your interest in The Arturo Falachi ICGEB Short-term Postdoc Fellowship Programme