28 – 30 September 2021
Marco Bestagno and Giulia Piperno
ICGEB Trieste, Italy
ICGEB Meetings and Courses Unit
Email: [email protected]
In collaboration with
The course is moving to a virtual format and will be designed to compensate maximal involvement and learning
Flow Cytometry has established as a critical technology for academic research and in clinical applications. The technique requires understanding of the basic principles and expertise to set up, perform and analyze results.
The course programme includes technical lectures on instrument functioning, seminars on flow cytometry-based research and video tutorials . An integral part of the course will be dedicated to open discussion to address technical aspects and issues raised by participants.
- Basic principle of flow cytometry, sample preparation and analysis
- Immunophenotyping of cells in normal and pathological conditions in preclinical models and in the clinic
- Single cell sorting and downstream applications
- Advanced quantitative flow cytometry and functional analysis
Participants will receive video tutorials illustrating preparation of samples, instrument set up, cell phenotyping and cell cycle analysis.
Students and early-stage researchers.
Prior basic working knowledge is of advantage, but not strictly a must.
Euro 50 to include access to the live sessions, participation in the group discussions, receipt of the course material and recorded tutorials of the practical sessions.
- Participants must register on the ICGEB Service Gateway (https://isg.icgeb.org/auth/login) to obtain access to the online platform and select the “Registered participant” option
- Data entered for registration to the ISG portal (name, surname, gender, date of birth, nationality and E-mail address) will automatically be included in the participant’s request to attend the event – “Personal data” section, and will not be editable.
- For any problems with ISG access, please contact the ICGEB IT support service at [email protected]
Deadline for Registration: 12 September 2021
REGISTRATIONS NOW CLOSED
We highly encourage the submission of e.posters.
The poster (one slide, pdf or jpeg, A4 format) should describe research projects at any stage of development or may simply outline prospective projects addressing flow-cytometry issues (see example here).
Posters will be an integral part of the meeting and will be discussed in dedicated sessions.
You must REGISTER for the Course to be able to upload your poster in the Attachments section of ‘My participation requests’ area, in the ICGEB Service Gateway (ISG). Please be sure that your poster’s file size does not exceed 50 MB.
Deadline for e.posters submission: 30 July 2021
CALL FOR E.POSTERS NOW CLOSED
Eligible candidates must apply through the ICGEB Service Gateway (https://isg.icgeb.org/auth/login) to obtain access to the online platform, select the “Applicant” option and upload the following compulsory attachments:
– a Motivation Letter to attend the course
Submission of an e.poster is highly encouraged.
Selection will be based on the documents submitted, with attention to geographical and gender balance. The submission and quality of an e.poster will be an asset.
Deadline for grant application: 11 July 2021 – deadline extended
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED