25 – 26 October 2021
Alessandro Marcello and Serena Zacchigna
ICGEB Trieste, Italy
ICGEB Meetings and Courses Unit
Email: [email protected]
This ICGEB symposium on COVID19 is open to the whole ICGEB constituency and will provide an update on the current pandemic in multiple key regions of the world. The event intends to highlight ICGEB activities related to COVID-19 and to get a feedback from our Member States on how to cooperate at best against future challenges.
The meeting will run from 12 to 15.30 CET to facilitate international participation.
- Current and expected evolution of COVID-19 pandemics
- Tools to study SARS-CoV-2 infection
- New mechanisms of disease
- Anti-viral drug development
- Immune response to SARS-CoV-2 infection
The Symposium is open to scientists from the ICGEB Member States; preference will be given to students and early career researchers. Prior basic working knowledge is of advantage, but not strictly a must. “Meet the speaker” sessions will be organised for this event.
The event will be held on a Zoom platform. All sessions will be recorded and included in the ICGEB Meetings Podcast programme https://www.icgeb.org/category/podcast/meeting-podcasts/ which involves the filming and reproduction of Meetings and Courses lectures on the ICGEB Website, YouTube and Apple Podcast for public distribution.
By registering on Zoom, participants will automatically give consent to video-recording.
No registration fee is charged to attend this event
- Participants must register on the ICGEB Service Gateway (https://isg.icgeb.org/auth/login) to obtain access to the online platform
- Data entered for registration to the ISG portal (name, surname, gender, date of birth, nationality and E-mail address) will automatically be included in the participant’s request to attend the event – “Personal data” section, and will not be editable.
- For any problems with ISG access, please contact the ICGEB IT support service at [email protected]
Marycelin Baba – University of Maiduguri, Nigeria
Anmol Chandele – ICGEB New Delhi, India
Mauro Giacca – King’s College London, UK and ICGEB Trieste, Italy
Ubaldo Gioia – IFOM, Milan, Italy
Alessandro Marcello – ICGEB Trieste, Italy
Cesar Muñoz-Fontela – Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine, Hamburg, Germany
Miroslav Petrovec – Institute of Microbiology and Immunology, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Francesca Polverino – University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, USA
Pei-Yong Shi – University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, USA
Fulvia Vascotto – TRON, Mainz, Germany
Serena Zacchigna – ICGEB Trieste, Italy