25 – 26 October 2021
Alessandro Marcello and Serena Zacchigna
ICGEB Trieste, Italy
ICGEB Meetings and Courses Unit
Email: [email protected]
This ICGEB symposium on COVID19 is open to the whole ICGEB constituency and will provide an update on the current pandemic in multiple key regions of the world. The event intends to highlight ICGEB activities related to COVID-19 and to get a feedback from our Member States on how to cooperate at best against future challenges.
The meeting will run from 12 to 15.30 CET to facilitate international participation.
- Current and expected evolution of COVID-19 pandemics
- Tools to study SARS-CoV-2 infection
- New mechanisms of disease
- Anti-viral drug development
- Immune response to SARS-CoV-2 infection
The Symposium is open to scientists from the ICGEB Member States; preference will be given to students and early career researchers. Prior basic working knowledge is of advantage, but not strictly a must.
Participation is subject to selection, as attendance to the event is limited to a maximum number of participants.
Selection will be based on the information provided in the application form, including the indication of potential benefit for the applicant’s career.
Geographical and gender balance, as well as priority order in the submission of application, will also be considered.
The event will be held on a Zoom platform. Shortly before the event, the selected participants will receive a link to register for the Zoom Meeting. All sessions will be recorded and included in the ICGEB Meetings Podcast programme https://www.icgeb.org/category/podcast/meeting-podcasts/ which involves the filming and reproduction of Meetings and Courses lectures on the ICGEB Website, YouTube and iTunes for public distribution.
By registering on Zoom, participants will automatically give consent to video-recording.
“Meet the speaker” sessions will be organised for this event. Selected applicants will receive the instructions on how to indicate their preference(s).
No registration fee is charged to attend this event
Deadline for Applications: 15 September 2021
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
- Applicants must register on the ICGEB Service Gateway (https://isg.icgeb.org/auth/login) to obtain access to the online platform
- Data entered for registration to the ISG portal (name, surname, gender, date of birth, nationality and E-mail address) will automatically be included in the participant’s request to attend the event – “Personal data” section, and will not be editable.
- For any problems with ISG access, please contact the ICGEB IT support service at [email protected]
Marycelin Baba – University of Maiduguri, Nigeria
Lawrence Banks – ICGEB, Trieste, Italy
Anmol Chandele – ICGEB New Delhi, India
Fabrizio D’Adda di Fagagna – IFOM, Milan, Italy
Mauro Giacca – King’s College London, UK and ICGEB Trieste, Italy
Alessandro Marcello – ICGEB Trieste, Italy
Cesar Muñoz-Fontela – Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine, Hamburg, Germany
Miroslav Petrovec – Institute of Microbiology and Immunology, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Francesca Polverino – University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, USA
Pei-Yong Shi – University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, USA
Fulvia Vascotto – TRON, Mainz, Germany
Serena Zacchigna – ICGEB Trieste, Italy
A preliminary programme will be availalble soon.