The project “BIOTECHNET – Enhancing biotechnology know-how in the Horn of Africa” (AID n. 12098) aims to enhance the scientific competences of researchers and research institutions from Ethiopia and Djibouti in the field of Life Sciences. Thanks to the contribution of the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS), the following opportunities are available for candidates from both countries:
- CRP Research Grants to support the establishment or upgrading of new laboratories and research lines in the two countries, particularly in the fields of health, sustainable agriculture, industrial biotechnology and renewable energy.
- Meetings and Courses to organise scientific events in the two countries (click here for information on Meetings and Courses calls) and to support participation of researchers from Djibouti and Ethiopia to ICGEB international scientific meetings (click here to apply for a travel grant). Please send an email to [email protected] once you’ve applied.
- Three Fellowships schemes to support training and skills enhancement of researchers from the two countries:
The project has been funded for 1.685.450 Euro for a three-year duration. BIOTECHNET is funded by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS).
Download the Fellowships and Meetings and Courses presentation (including tips for application), in EN and FR
Download the CRP presentation (including tips for application) in EN and FR
- Short-term PhD Fellowships: for up to 6 months Pre-doctoral studies in ICGEB Component laboratories. Deadline September 30, 2023. Pre-application by August 31st, 2023
- Short-term Postdoctoral Fellowships: for up to 6 months Post-doctoral studies in ICGEB Component laboratories. Deadline September 30, 2023, Pre-application by August 31st, 2023
For any question, please contact: [email protected]