Trieste and Rome, Italy
5 October 2021
Marcello Raspa (CNR-IBBC-EMMA, Rome, Italy)
Andrés Muro and Serena Zacchigna (ICGEB Trieste, Italy)
Glauco Tocchini-Valentini (CNR, European Mouse Mutant Archive – EMMA, Roma, Italy)
ICGEB Meetings and Courses Unit
Email: [email protected]
The aim of the course will be to instruct students in the latest developments of this field, especially with regards to its connection with human disease and the development of novel therapeutic approaches, and key topics of animal experimentation. The course will be taught by a series of high level international experts that have been at the forefront of mouse research since its beginning.
- The mouse: basic principles of mouse genetics.
- Mutagenesis approaches (CRISPR/Cas9)
- Phenotyping, Informatics and Database
- The use of mouse disease models as a diagnostic and therapeutic tool.
- Mouse Sperm Cryopreservation and Recovery
- In-Vitro Fertilization and embryo manipulation
Researchers involved in animal experimentation.
Participation is subject to selection, as attendance to the event is limited to a maximum number of participants.
Selection will be based on the information provided in the application form, including the indication of potential benefit for the applicant’s career.
Geographical and gender balance, as well as priority order in the submission of application, will also be considered.
The event will be held on a Zoom platform. Shortly before the event, the selected participants will receive a link to register for the Zoom Meeting. All sessions will be recorded and included in the ICGEB Meetings Podcast programme https://www.icgeb.org/category/podcast/meeting-podcasts/ which involves the filming and reproduction of Meetings and Courses lectures on the ICGEB Website, YouTube and Apple Podcast for public distribution.
By registering on Zoom, participants will automatically give consent to video-recording.
“Meet the speaker” sessions will be organised for this event. Selected applicants will receive the instructions on how to indicate their preference(s).
No registration fee is charged to attend this event
Deadline for receipt of applications:
22 September 2021 – deadline extended
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
- Applicants must register on the ICGEB Service Gateway (ISG) to obtain access to the online submission platform.
- Data entered for registration to the ISG portal (name, surname, gender, date of birth, nationality and E-mail address) will automatically be included in the applicant’s request to attend the event – “Personal data” section, and will not be editable.
- For any problems with ISG access, please contact the ICGEB IT support service at [email protected]
Follow the Events on social media: #ICGEBmeeting