ICGEB is inviting proposals for the organisation of scientific events (workshop/course/conference) to be held in Djibouti and Ethiopia in 2023. Proposed events should aim at providing theorical and/or practical events in Life Sciences particularly on topics of relevance to each country and ICGEB mandate. Thanks to the contribution of the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS) within the Biotechnet project up to 10,000€ funding is available for each event. High profile conferences aimed at disseminating scientific knowledge and enhancing interaction between scientists, public and policy makers are particularly encouraged.
Different categories of events are suggested:
– Workshops co-sponsored by local organising institutes;
– Courses providing theoretical and/or practical training;
– Conferences on currently hot scientific topics, with open communication to media and public.
Networking sessions for future research collaborations are also encouraged.
Deadline for applications is 30th September for events to be held in 2023.
- This Call is open only to Djibouti and Ethiopia;
- Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply;
- Involvement of ICGEB PIs is recommended;
- Scientific Organisers must register on the ICGEB Service Gateway to obtain access to the online submission platform. His/her registration data (name, surname and E-mail address) will be automatically included in the proposal under the “Scientific Organiser” section, and will not be editable. For any problems with access, please contact our IT support service at [email protected]
- The Scientific Organiser must be an employee of the Organising Institute in charge of the meeting organisation and ICGEB grant management;
- By applying to this call for meeting proposals, the Organising Institution and the Scientific Organiser accept the ICGEB Terms of Reference;
- All ICGEB sponsored activities require an official endorsement by the ICGEB Liaison Officer of the Member States where the specific event takes place. Proposals received through the online application system are submitted by the ICGEB to the relevant Liaison Officer directly, and are not considered for funding unless endorsed.
- ICGEB provides support for the organisation of scientific events in the Life Sciences in Djibouti or Ethiopia.
- Funding is available for Workshops, theoretical and practical Courses, and high profile Conferences aimed at disseminating scientific knowledge and enhancing interaction between scientists, the public and policy makers.
- Particular attention will be given to scientific events addressing issues of particular interest for the two countries.
The maximum contribution that can be requested to ICGEB is Euro 10,000. ICGEB encourages applications within one of the following categories:
- ICGEB Workshop: to be co-sponsored by the local organising Institute, 80-120 participants from laboratories working on a focused topic, oral and poster sessions.
- ICGEB Course: theoretical and/or practical, 25-50 participants and 5-10 instructors, local organising Institute to contribute both in terms of facilities, equipment and staff.
- ICGEB Conference: 1-2 days, involving 2-6 high profile leaders in the field. May involve working groups on current hot topics of particular public relevance and/or examine in a public context novel scientific developments that will impact on our society, with open communication to media and the general public.
Submission of Proposals
- Proposals must be submitted on-line, including all of the required attachments
- After completing the Proposal data, the applicant will receive an e-mail message, providing a pre-filled ICGEB Liaison Officer Endorsement Form, to be signed as Scientific Organiser, as well as by the Legal Officer and the Finance Officer of the Organising Institute. The signed form must be uploaded to the proposal “Attachments” section, together with the Scientific Organiser’s CV
- Applications submitted without the necessary original signatures will not be considered
- Proposals received through the online application system are submitted by the ICGEB to the relevant Liaison Officer
directly,and are not considered for funding unless endorsed.
- All proposals are reviewed on merit and adherence to ICGEB policies
30 September 2022: Deadline for submission of on-line applications to the ICGEB Meetings and Courses Unit for events to be held in 2023.
10 October 2022: Deadline for receipt of proposal endorsements from the ICGEB Liaison Officers.
For further information
ICGEB Meetings and Courses Unit
Email: [email protected]