International attendees should check whether they need a visa to travel to India.
If you do need a visa we strongly suggest that you apply as early as possible to your nearest Indian consulate, as it may take several weeks for a visa to be issued.
- Applicant must share address of the Consulate/Embassy where they are applying for visa to be reflected in “Visa letter” to be forwarded by ICGEB, New Delhi.
- The Applicant is requested to save and share with us the ONLINE visa application number (this is then mentioned in the MEA letter and thus facilitates easy and timely grant of requisite visa from the Consulate).
- In exceptional cases, if at all accompanied by Spouse – kindly clearly mention the Provision/condition to be outlined for overall information and/or to facilitate the requisite visa.
- Passport must be valid for minimum 6 months.
- Hyperlink of protected and restricted areas in India: Link is as given below: https://www.mha.gov.in/PDF_Other/AnnexVII_01022018.pdf
Easy steps to follow when applying for your visa
1. Confirm whether you need a Visa for travel to India
2. Check the website or contact your nearest Indian Embassy or Consulate to obtain all the relevant application forms and information.
3. The Receipt of Registration/Letter of Acceptance for the Meeting from ICGEB is the official document certifying the purpose and period of your travel to India.
4. Have all your documentation ready when you make your application, i.e. valid passport, completed application forms from the Embassy or Consulate; Letter of Acceptance, Visa Assistance letter, Ministry of External Affairs and Ministry of Home Affairs clearance letters (to be provided by ICGEB, New Delhi); plus documents detailing your employment status, reasons for travel and proof of payment of the Visa fee etc. Individual Embassies or Consulates may also have additional requirements.
It is advised to apply for the visa once the documents are complete to avoid any cancellation or delay in the visa application process.
5. If necessary, ICGEB can supply a letter of assistance to support your visa application. To obtain this document, you must provide:
a photocopy of your passport showing full details: name as in passport, Spouse Name, Father’s name, nationality, place and date of birth, passport number, date of issue, place of issue and date of expiry, mobile no., address in country of residence, current official affiliation with complete address, confirmation that you will not be visiting the restricted places in India (will be provided eventually).
Please note that ICGEB can do this only once per applicant, so ensure that all data, such as passport number or spelling of names are strictly accurate.
6. Issue of visas is solely under the jurisdiction of the Embassy or Consulate concerned, we regret that ICGEB has no influence over the issue of a visa and may not contact any Embassy or Consulate directly other than supplying the letter of assistance mentioned above.
VISA REGULATIONS ARE CONTINUALLY CHANGING: CHECK WITH YOUR NEAREST INDIAN EMBASSY OR CONSULATE FOR THE CURRENT REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURES
For further information contact the local organisers at the ICGEB New Delhi Component