ICGEB provides support for the organisation of scientific events in the Life Sciences in
Scientific institutions located in
The deadline for applications is 28th February for events to be held in the following year.
- This Call is open only to ICGEB Member States
- Scientific Organisers must register on the ICGEB Service Gateway to obtain access to the online submission platform. His/her registration data (name, surname and E-mail address) will be automatically included in the proposal under the “Scientific Organiser” section, and will not be editable. For any problems with access, please contact our IT support service at [email protected]
- The Scientific Organiser must be an employee of the Organising Institute in charge of the meeting organisation and ICGEB grant management
- By applying to the ICGEB annual call for meeting proposals, the Organising Institution and the Scientific Organiser accept the ICGEB Terms of Reference
- All ICGEB sponsored activities require an official endorsement by the ICGEB Liaison Officer of the Member States where the specific event takes place. Proposals received through the online application system are submitted by the ICGEB to the relevant Liaison Officer directly, and are not considered for funding unless endorsed.
- Thanks to the contribution of the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS) within the framework of the BIOTECHNET initiative (AID n. 12098), dedicated resources are available for candidates from Ethiopia and Djibouti applying to the Meetings and Courses Call for proposals.
- ICGEB provides support for the organisation of scientific events in the Life Sciences in ICGEB Member States
- Funding is available for meetings, theoretical and practical events, and high profile conferences aimed at disseminating scientific knowledge and enhancing interaction between scientists, the public and policy makers
- Particular attention will be given to scientific events addressing issues of interest for specific geographic regions and involving collaboration across more than one country.
ICGEB encourages applications within one of the following categories:
- ICGEB Meeting: organised at the ICGEB Components (Trieste, Italy; New Delhi, India; Cape Town, South Africa), ICGEB scientists as co-organisers, 250-300 participants, invited speakers and selected oral presentations, poster sessions, registration fee. Local organisation + maximum contribution requested Euro 50,000
- ICGEB theoretical and/or practical event: to be co-sponsored by the local organising Institute, both in terms of facilities, equipment and staff. Events including consumables can apply to a maximum contribution of Euro 25,000. For events not including consumables the maximum contribution will be Euro 15,000. Oral and poster sessions will be highly valued during the selection process.
- Seeds for Science: supports small meetings aimed at building networks for future research collaborations. Maximum contribution requested Euro 5,000
- Sponsorship of other meetings: a limited financial contribution towards a scientific meeting organised in an ICGEB Member States on a topic of relevance to the ICGEB mandate. Maximum contribution requested Euro 5,000
Submission of Proposals
- Proposals must be submitted on-line, including all of the required attachments
- After completing the Proposal data, the applicant will receive an e-mail message, providing a pre-filled ICGEB Liaison Officer Endorsement Form (it will be automatically generated from the system), to be signed as Scientific Organiser, as well as by the Legal Officer and the Finance Officer of the Organising Institute. The signed form must be uploaded to the proposal “Attachments” section, together with the Scientific Organiser’s CV
- Applications submitted without the necessary original signatures will not be considered
- Proposals received through the online application system are submitted by the ICGEB to the relevant Liaison Officer
directly,and are not considered for funding unless endorsed.
- All proposals are reviewed on merit and adherence to ICGEB policies
28 February 2023: Deadline for submission of on-line applications to the ICGEB Meetings and Courses Unit for events to be held in 2024
31 March 2023: Deadline for receipt of proposal endorsements from the ICGEB Liaison Officers
For further information
ICGEB Meetings and Courses Unit
Email: [email protected]