The ICGEB Meetings and Courses Programme
- Nationals of ICGEB Member States are eligible to apply for a limited number of grants to support registration fee and/or living costs during the meeting
- International travel is not usually funded. Participants are strongly encouraged to obtain additional sources of support to cover their travel expenses
- Refer to the annual ICGEB Meetings and Courses for information, terms of participation, application forms and contact details for individual events
- Scientific institutions located in ICGEB Member States are eligible to organise ICGEB events and/or apply for an ICGEB Sponsorship
- Deadline for applications is 28th February for events to be held on the following year
- Refer to the annual Meetings and Courses Call for Proposals for information and guidelines
Meeting and Courses in 2020
STARBIOS2 Workshop “The African and European experiences in Responsible Research and Open Science in Health & Biosciences: Towards a common vision?”
Joint ICGEB – ALS Society of Canada Symposium on inflammation and proteinopathy in ALS/FTD spectrum disorder
Arturo Falaschi Conference “At the intersection of DNA Replication and genome maintenance: from mechanisms to therapy”
Course “Drosophila Models of Human Diseases: Mechanisms of Neurodegeneration, Regeneration and Drug Discovery”
Sponsored Events in 2020
Complete list coming soon
Meeting and Courses in 2019
ICGEB-TRAIN Workshop on “High content imaging and data science for virtual screening and drug discovery”
Workshop “Trends in medicinal and pharma biotechnologies in Europe: towards strengthening regional cooperation including CEE countries”
Course “Second Soil Microbial Ecology International Course, an integrated and functional view for its application in agriculture”
Sponsored Events in 2019
South-East Asia Region, ICGEB-IMBT Workshop on Plant Endophytes and their Roles in Controlling Plant Health
CALL FOR PROPOSALS 2021 Meeting and Courses
ICGEB provides support for the organisation of scientific events in the Life Sciences in ICGEB Member States.
Funding is available for Meetings, to be held in the three ICGEB Components (Trieste, Italy; New Delhi, India; Cape Town, South Africa); Workshops, co-sponsored by local organising institutes; Courses, providing theoretical and/or practical training.
The “Future of Science” programme supports scientific events on currently hot scientific topics, with open communication to media and public. Sponsorship is also provided to scientific events relevant to the ICGEB mandate in the ICGEB Member States.
Impact of the Meetings and Courses Programme
ICGEB has been providing excellent opportunities to the international scientific community for direct interaction with forerunners of internationally recognised science since 1988.
For further information
Head, Meetings and Courses Programme