ICGEB offers competitive Postdoctoral Fellowships in Life Sciences to highly motivated scientists wishing to pursue postdoctoral research in a world-class scientific environment. The Fellowships comprise a very competitive package including stipend, health insurance and additional benefits. The most successful fellows will also be eligible, upon completion, to apply for ICGEB Early Career Research Grants to support their own research programmes as young PIs upon return to an ICGEB Member State.
Closing Dates for Applications: 31 March and 30 September
Guidelines for Application
||Applicants should contact the ICGEB Group Leader/PI of their choice with a motivation letter, to determine availability of laboratory space and to define the research project proposal that will form an integral part of the application.
||Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State and may not apply for fellowships to be undertaken in their country of origin, unless they have been working abroad for, at least, the last 3 years and at the time of application.
Degree requirements: applicants should hold a recent PhD in Life Sciences or have at least 3 years research experience.
Preference is given to candidates below the age of 35.
||Duration: 2 years with the possibility of a 1-year extension.
Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 2,000, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,590, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 15,000.
Travel: the fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the participant's home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
All Research costs will be supported by the research group's budget.
Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
Support for participation in Meetings and Courses is generally provided by the Group Leader / PI.
ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the programme.
||Please complete this application on line. In addition, please upload a single pdf document containing all requested attachments (see application form below).
All submitted applications will be transmitted to the respective ICGEB Liaison Officer in the country of which you are a national for endorsement. Endorsement is a fundamental requirement for the Fellowship to be awarded.
The ICGEB Fellowships Selection Committee will evaluate complete and endorsed applications received by the closing date. The main criteria for selection include scientific excellence of the project, the qualities of the candidate’s CV and potential benefit for the home country.
The candidates will be notified of the outcome by e-mail as soon as possible following the closing date for applications.
||A Housing Service is run through the Welcome Office - Friuli Venezia Giulia. For further information please see: http://www.icgeb.org/trieste-housing.html
|ICGEB New Delhi:
||A Guest House is run on campus, on a twin-share basis, for a nominal rate.
|ICGEB Cape Town:
||Accommodation support is provided to fellows. Arrangements are agreed prior arrival.
Indicate your ICGEB Research Group of choice (see links below)
Please submit a single pdf file containing the following:
- Curriculum Vitae (including list of publications)
- Proposed research project and timetable (max. 3 pages, plus up to 2 pages of bibliographical references and figures)
- Written statement from the ICGEB Group Leader/Principal Investigator you have contacted and who is willing to support the project and provide laboratory space, explaining the motivation for the support of your candidature.
- English language proficiency certificate (such as TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate or equivalent); not required when scholastic education has been undertaken in English
- PhD degree certificate, issued by the degree-granting University and bearing the official seal/s and signatures, should be submitted in the original language accompanied by an official English translation
- Photocopy of the applicant’s passport
- Name and contact details of three (3) referees who can provide a letter of reference on your behalf. At least one of these should be a member of the University or College you attended most recently. Please request referees to send their letters by email to email@example.com by the application closing date. The subject of the e-mail should be: "The Arturo Falaschi ICGEB Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme", followed by your name.
PLEASE UPLOAD ALL DOCUMENTS IN A SINGLE PDF FILE:
Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for indicating where you received the information regarding ICGEB Fellowships
Once you have completed and submitted your application, you will see a confirmation message on this screen. Should this message not be visible, PLEASE NOTE that your application has not been submitted.
Check the mandatory fields to ensure information has been correctly inserted. Upon receipt of your application, you will receive an e-mail confirmation from the ICGEB Fellowships Office at fellowshipsicgeb.org
Thank you for your interest in The Arturo Falachi ICGEB Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme