Council of Scientific Advisers
The Council of Scientific Advisers (CSA) is composed of fifteen eminent scientists active on the international arena in the substantive fields of ICGEB. The members of the Council are elected by the Board of Governors, with the Director-General of ICGEB serving as the Secretary. The members of the CSA hold office for a period of three years and are eligible for reappointment for two further periods of three years. The main functions of the CSA include:
- examining the draft work programme and the budget of the Centre and making recommendations to the Board of Governors;
- reviewing the implementation of the approved work programme and reporting back to the Board;
- elaborating on the medium and long-term prospectives of the Centre's programmes and planning, including specialised and new fields of research, and making recommendations to the Board;
- assisting the Director General on all substantive, scientific and technical matters concerning the activities of the Centre, including co-operation with Affiliated Centres and Networks;
- approving safety regulations for the research work of the Centre.
The CSA holds a regular session once a year, generally alternating the meetings between the three Component laboratories in Trieste, New Delhi and Cape Town.
The twenty-third session of the CSA is scheduled to be held in Cape Town on 25-26 April 2017.
For further information:
ICGEB Council of Scientific Advisers Secretariat
Office of the Director-General
ICGEB, AREA Science Park
34149 Trieste, ITALY
Tel: +39-040-3757374, Fax: +39-040-3757380, E-mail: csaicgeb.org