Board of Governors
The Board of Governors consists of a representative of each Member State and constitutes the Governing body of the Centre. Its main functions include:
- determining the general policies and principles governing the activities of the Centre;
- admitting new Members to the Centre;
- approving the work programme and budget, taking into account the recommendations of the Council of Scientific Advisers, adopting the financial regulations of the Centre and deciding on any other financial matter;
- granting the status of Affiliated Centre to research centres of Member States that fulfil the requisite criteria, and of Affiliated Network to national, regional and international scientific networks;
- establishing rules which regulate patents, licensing, copyright and other rights to intellectual property, including the transfer of results emanating from the research work of the Centre.
Since 1999 all Member States participate in the financing of ICGEB through a scale of assessment adopted by the Board of Governors at its third session. The Financial Regulations (in PDF) of the Centre are available for consultation.
The Board holds most of its regular sessions in Trieste, as the seat of the Organisation's Headquarters. The Twenty-second session of the Board was held on 24-25 May 2016 in Cape Town, South Africa. The Conclusions and Decisions are available upon request.
The Director General of UNIDO is an ex-officio member of the Board, without voting rights.
Representatives of the United Nations, specialised agencies, the International Atomic Energy Agency and intergovernmental organisations and non-governmental organisations, upon invitation of the Board, participate as observers in its deliberations. For this purpose, the Board has established a list of organisations that have a relationship with, and that have expressed interest in, the work of the Centre.
The 23rd Session of the ICGEB Board of Governors will be held on 16-17 May 2017 in Trieste, Italy.
For further information:
ICGEB Board of Governors Secretariat
Office of the Director-General
ICGEB, AREA Science Park
34149 Trieste, ITALY
Tel: +39-040-3757315, Fax: +39-040-3757380, E-mail: bogicgeb.org